I am making steady progress on Van Gogh’s face.  He is filling in nicely.  I used bullion knots for his beard, satin stitch  for his lips, stem stitch and straight stitch for his facial features and shirt, and I used french knots for his eyes.  In all cases, I used a variety of floss colors.  I used one strand from the different colors to achieve the desired effect.   His beard is a great example.  I used five different thread colors.  The whole piece will need to be damp stretched after I finish working it.  I need to work on his hat next, which will be wool with embroidery to define lines and edges.








van gogh








van gogh2